Monday 10 December 2012

Rant of the day- girls who play dumb to impress boys...

Ok, here we go another rant...
This links on from my previous blog about girls putting other girls down!

Too many times during a day I come across girls who are independent and intelligent HOWEVER in walks a boy and hey presto they start talking with a high pitched voice and the simplest of things become hard for them.

WHY??!!!!

Now I don't really understand this because perhaps:
a) I've never been in that situation where I need to impress someone by acting thick (perhaps I should try it!), and
b) I've always wanted someone to appreciate me for my brains and not how I look...

I think I actually have a partial answer to my own question though (I'm sure I'm not the only one asking this question and I'm sure even guys ask it!).

Do this for me:
Switch on the tv, and put on a programme with predominantly females in (keeping up with the kardashians, the only way is essex- although the guys in that act dumb too etc), what are all the women doing, they talk with these really strange droned high pitch accents and say the dumbest of things. In fact so dumb I am going to devise a list of quotes right now:

- Britney Spears: “I am for the death penalty. Who commits terrible acts must get a fitting punishment. That way he learns the lesson for the next time.”


- Christina Aguilera: So, where’s the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?”


- Pamela Anderson: “I don’t really think about anything too much. I live in the present. I move on. I don’t think about what happened yesterday. If I think too much, it kind of freaks me out.”


-Jessica Simpson: “I’m not anorexic. I’m from Texas. Are there people from Texas that are anorexic? I’ve never heard of one. And that includes me.”


- Brooke Shields: "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

- Britney Spears:"I've never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don't like eating fish. And I know it's very popular out there in Africa."

- Kim Kardashian: "We decided to film for the wedding. And that was a decision he and I made together. But I think that with any decisions in life, like, I spoke to a girl today who had cancer and we were talking about how this is such a hard thing for her, but it taught her a big lesson on who her friends are and so much about life. She's 18. And I was like that's how I feel."


I could actually go on and on however I shall leave it there (for now). Looking at the quotes above its a wonder why we aren't dumber than we already perceive ourselves to be. Those "role models" younger girls idolise can barely string two sentences together and unfortunately teach girls to dumb themselves down. It is not cool to be clever, because these women are not the ones who are splashed across magazines, all over TV etc its the not so bright ones using their other "assets" that are. So then who would a young girl admire?!

It is so so so important for a woman to be educated, independent and intelligent. Beauty is not just what people see on the outside but it also exists inside and this is what we should be teaching the women and girls around us, that the world does not begin and end on someone's looks. The most boring person is one who lacks substance, and the one who lacks substance is one who can only bring their looks to the table and nothing else. How attractive is it to be beautiful and intelligent? I think it is possibly THE best combination in the world. Intelligence makes you even more beautiful and captivating (probably because there is so little of it out there in the world).

To all the girls out there that think they will not be able to find a man because they are far too educated or intelligent, you are completely wrong. If this is the case you are trying to attract the wrong sort of man. Do not be afraid to speak your mind, to have an intelligent conversation, be educated, be wise and be independent. Respect yourself and a man worthy of you will respect you- and that is the kind of man worth having.

Keep smiling xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment