Wednesday 5 December 2012

Rant of the day- the inconsistency of starbucks drinks

This is a short one as I am just about to go to bed, but has been bugging me all day since my coffee this morning.

Now I don't know about you but I LOVE starbucks (and yes I still do even after the whole tax thing!bad I know, I tried to boycott them a long time ago for various reasons but couldn't!), however is it just me or does every single drink (even if you order the exact same thing each time) taste different.

Sometimes my coffee is PERFECT...however a lot of the time its too sweet or too strong, or that annoying one when you order a venti but get a grande thats frothed to a venti?? hmm I ordered a latte not a cappuccino! It really really bugs me...

So I bet you're thinking why don't you just complain and ask them to make you another?Well I have various excuses for this:

1)I'm usually rushing to get the train/get to work etc so do not have time
2)I drink things slowly and probably am too far away from the coffee shop to go back (and too lazy!)
3)I'm far too scared to complain...

Ok so I have a real issue with number 3 it isn't a valid excuse. Does anyone else feel the same? I find it so difficult to complain if at a restaurant my meal isn't quite right, my drink isn't right AND also I can't return things, like I feel like I am being interrogated if I attempt to..
Once in London I complained about my starbucks drink because it tasted like water, and the man literally gave me the dirtiest of looks before re-making my drink. What happened to the customer is always right?And i'm sure starbucks has that thing written that goes a bit like this "If it's not right just tell us and we will make it again".

I have a really good friend that returns things for me, and will complain on my behalf..she's actually fearless in that respect which is really good!

Kind of gone off from the topic..BUT Starbucks surely you follow a set recipe for all your drinks? So why does it vary from store to store, in fact scrap that why does it vary from person to person even in the SAME store?

Do any of you have the same problem?Not just with Starbucks but also other coffee shops.. Let me know by commenting below :)

Keep smiling xoxo

Ps.perhaps this wasn't as short as I thought it would be...


4 comments:

  1. Heck it differs from employee to employee in the same store. I know when I go into my regular Starbucks if I see certain people that it will be make right, and who is going to make it wrong. I dont like asking them to remake it becasue I feel bad, they are really busy and I feel like a jerk. If I didnt go so often I might be more inclined. I do however complain to the company and get the money put back on my card. It is very sad when its wrong :( Oh well such is life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally everytime I order a caramel frappachino it comes out different. Lately I tried one of their holiday drinks and I loved it. I ordered it today and its disgusting and not even the same consistency. I'm so pissed. I already went back in once and they still didn't make it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always order a soy latte - have one about once or twice a week because it's so expensive so I use the via microbrew during the rest of the week. My soy latte always tastes different! Maybe 30% of the time I get a really great tasting soy latte. The rest of the time it is bitter and has a weird aftertaste. I keep ordering it hoping I will get that good one but I always order two agave on the side in case it's another bad latte so I can make it taste better. I think there is something addicting in Starbucks coffee because for some reason I just keep going back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also order soy latte and the variation of temperature and the amount of foam are terrible lately.

    ReplyDelete